Saturday, March 12, 2016

Back in the Saddle


Tip of the day~ A lunch break provides plenty of time to fish...

Well, Wicket and I headed to the local watering hole at lunch for a quick fish. When we arrived we saw what every angler fears...There were two dudes in the hole and for a split second we thought we wasted lunch! Turns out they were our buddies, whom I haven't seen or fished with in many, many moons and they were headed out! We discussed the meaning of life for a bit and headed to the run.

Now, the trick to a lunch fish is to be completely rigged up and ready to go. That way you are on the river in less than 10 minutes. Perfecting this technique is important when you only have an hour (or so). 
I rigged up a Hares Ear/ FBPT dropper and landed this beauty in about 20 minutes from the time we arrived. I love me some lunch fishing...


Hi5

4 comments:

David McKenzie said...

Beautiful Bow!

Josh "Chappy" Chaplin said...

Thanks man!

Unknown said...

Hi Chappy, which device are you using to catch the fish please? I am much familiar as marine devices like as Humminbird Helix 5 SI and similar types devices. I want to know the secret.
Happy Fishing!

Mark said...

Nice catch. I like this tip of the day. I will remember that :)