Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Trinity Fish Stix...



Mmm...Fish Stix

Got Tartar Sauce?

 Headed up to the Trinity this past weekend for some R&R. The section from 250' below Lewiston Dam to the Lewiston Bridge is a "Fly Fish Only" section and has been a mystery to me for quite some time, and wanted to check it out.  As we arrived-expecting some late run Metals-we were very surprised when we noticed that nobody was with big gear in hand; turns out, this section is a Dry fly-Little Guy mecca.  Within minutes Hilary had two fish stix landed and I decided to make use of my new Switch-Rod and practice swinging some bugs with the Rio Switch Line-thanks Gill. We landed at least 3 dozen fish stix ranging from 12" to 4"; if the family needed to be fed, they would have been with perfect bite size morsels-- "Fish Stix".

 All in all, the trip was not a bust.  Enjoyed some camping, relaxing, and scenery. Not to mention I am in love with my Switch and have it down. Early Saturday, we did see one guy -down stream- land at least a five pounder, and up from camp I saw one spent steely. Apparently if you do decide to fish this section, bring light gear and don't get your hopes up for a buck/hen. On the flip side, there are some later runners in there-if you are fortunate enough to hook into one.

 Also, another highlight of the trip.  Once again I needed to borrow something from Ryan and once again, I managed to demolish it.  Hint- it's the chair I am sitting in below- that makes number 3 for devices used while sitting...




One for the ladies...
A.K.A. The fish attractor
That's right, I did that...

3 comments:

rm said...

i was stoked on the pictures until the end, i would never fish with someone that has tattoos!!!!

Josh "Chappy" Chaplin said...

You just told me you were going to get the Tyson tattoo on your face. That would be sick...

emmdee said...

fish attractor, questionable...

lady deterrent, absolutely.